The Carson J Spencer Foundation uses innovation to create a world where leaders and communities are committed to sustaining a passion for living. We imagine a world where people no longer have to suffer in silence, but can reach out and get the help they need, and the help is given compassionately.
We’re looking for candidates that want to get ahead and are looking for an internship experience that will set them apart from the rest of the job market. CJSF’s internship program is much more than just making coffee runs and filing. Our goal is for you to walk away with real hands-on experience.
Our intern will gain experience in a wide range of Community Outreach Disciplines including but not limited to being at events, arranging networking opportunities and organizing our Speaker’s Bureau.
- Attending community events on behalf of CJSF
- Organizing, recruiting and training our Speaker’s Bureau
- Educate the public about Carson J Spencer Foundation’s programs (e.g. education programs, volunteer opportunities, special events) by distributing collateral, answering questions, and engaging the public via interactive demonstrations
- Pick up materials for outreach and set up table event (or distribute materials to crowds depending on event)
- Distribute information, brochures, and other materials at events, fairs, and festivals
- Take down contact information as necessary for people interested in volunteering
- Participate in the creation and implementation of community events and programs when asked
- Learn about the goals of each outreach event as determined by the Community Outreach Coordinator
- Stay current on upcoming outreach events; including outreach at community events and/or festivals
- Must have completed HALF of the credits required to graduate in relevant field. Recent grads are welcome.
- Must have a thorough understanding of social media platforms and network marketing. Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to talk about CJSF’s programs and services.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated, multitasking capabilities. Time and project management skills a must.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Prior work experience in any field.
- Comfortable talking in front of groups and engaging with strangers.
Our ideal candidate will be a smart, energetic, detail-oriented individual who is a go-getter and believes in our cause. The right candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and prior social media experience.
This internship will be 12 weeks long. Between 15 and 20 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship, but comes with the opportunity to gain real-world work experience. Some travel may be required.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to Heidi Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Outreach Internship” in the subject line.