The Carson J Spencer Foundation uses innovation to create a world where leaders and communities are committed to sustaining a passion for living. We imagine a world where people no longer have to suffer in silence, but can reach out and get the help they need, and the help is given compassionately.
We’re looking for candidates that want to get ahead and are looking for an internship experience that will set them apart from the rest of the job market. CJSF’s internship program is much more than just making coffee runs and filing. Our goal is for you to walk away with real hands-on experience.
Our intern will gain experience in a wide range of communications disciplines, including writing, social media (blogs, use of Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook), public relations (press releases and other materials), and marketing (marketing materials and kits).
- Press Release and other writing
- Social media marketing and blogging (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, website, blog)
- Producing multimedia content
- Newsletter writing and creation
- Researching trends and brainstorming ideas/Industry research
- Marketing materials and kits
- Outreach/Attending and working events
- Website Maintenance
- Must have completed HALF of the credits required to graduate in relevant field. Recent grads are welcome
- Must have a thorough understanding of social media platforms and network marketing. Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to write content
- Must be dependable and self-motivated, multitasking capabilities. Time and project management skills a must.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Prior work experience in any field.
- Comfortable talking in front of groups
Our ideal candidate will be a smart, energetic, detail-oriented individual who is a go-getter and believes in our cause.The right candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and prior social media experience.
This internship will be 12 weeks long. Between 15 and 20 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship, but comes with the opportunity to gain real-world work experience. Some travel may be required.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to Emily Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications Internship" in the subject line.